Hiya! My name is Raj and it’s lovely to meet you! I hope you enjoy your time here. Shall we dig into the story behind the blog?
In early 2013 I would browse a number wedding blogs and found them fascinating. They shared the most beautiful weddings but nothing I could relate to. It was primarily English weddings or Asian weddings but I knew I didn’t fit into either category due to my own interfaith relationship. Thinking about my own wedding (in the long distant future) I knew I’d want to have something that combined these two together.
In May 2013 I decided to set up a wedding blog focused primarily on Multicultural weddings, Fusion weddings or Interfaith weddings. This was to inspire couples planning their own wedding who are interested in combining two or more cultures, faiths or traditions.
I receive many emails from individuals seeking advice on interfaith relationships and weddings. I am happy to offer advice when and where I can. A popular post, that offers advice from my own father, is How to tell your parents about your interfaith relationship.
Please check out the FAQs page before contacting me.
5 things you didn’t know about Raj
- I am such a foodie, I love food and eating out is my favourite thing to do
- I have a degree in Computing which contributes to my obsession with technology
- I will pretty much cry with happiness at every wedding I attend
- I have a twin sister and we have a synchronised
- Having grown up with classic Bollywood, I’m always listening to old school Bollywood songs
I was lucky enough to be shortlisted for the following awards:
- Individual Wedding Blog at the UK Blog Awards 2014
- Finalist for Best Bridal Newcomer Blog at the Wedding Blog Awards 2014
- Finalist for Best Big Day Inspiration Blog at the Wedding Blog Awards 2015
- Finalist for Best Multicultural Weddings Blog at the Wedding Blog Awards 2016
Follow me around the web
*Photographs taken by Sorriso Weddings and Portraits in my living room
See all the press for Secret Wedding blog on the press page