We are totally in love with Aurus London’s collection of rings and insisted that we interviewed them on Secret Wedding Blog. Find out what they had to say below…
1) Tell us how Aurus London began?
Aurus began as there were no retail stores that focused solely on engagement, wedding or eternity rings in the UK with more than 1,500 styles - there are retailers that sell rings however, they may sell matching jewellery along with watches or other accessories. With our extensive range of engagement, wedding and eternity rings to choose from, Aurus is the largest engagement and wedding ring specialists in the UK. The company’s primary aim is to offer you beautiful rings of unsurpassed quality to make it an unforgettable gift for your loved one. We also have a specialists who can engrave rings if you would like to add a personal message or a memorable date.
Following their launch at the end of the year in 2012, they have gained a reputation as one of the newest hidden gems on Clerkenwell Road with their first boutique based in Farringdon, Central London.
2) Who is behind the company?
The co-founders of Aurus have a combined experience of over 50 years within all aspects in the diamond and wedding ring industry from wholesale. In Europe it is common to have retailers that only specialise in engagement, wedding and eternity rings however, in the UK there are no retailers who are specialists, as well as holding over 1,500 different styles. Our rings come from some of the best reputable suppliers in Europe to include France, Switzerland, Germany, along with our own in house designs.
3) You have an amazing collection of rings - how can you help customers pick out the perfect ring for their partner?
Many couples now research and pick their rings together however if you are planning a surprise proposal here are a few tips:
1. Have a rough budget - It is often said that you should spend at least 3 months of your salary on an engagement ring however, it is all down to personal preference. Be sure to spend what you can afford.
2. Research - It is very important to research before you purchase anything especially diamond engagement rings. Learn about the 4 C’s of a diamond (cut, colour, clarity and carat) these should all equally be considered. At Aurus we also add in an extra 3 C’s (certificate, care and confidence) make sure your diamond has a diamond certification by a reputable lab. At Aurus you can purchase with confidence and ensure the care of the diamond is well explained.
3. Know your partner’s style - Make sure you know what your partner’s personal preference is, ie. solitaire diamond ring or a ring that has multiple diamonds surrounding the centre stone. The preference of metal colour between white, yellow, rose, two toned or three toned? A good way to find out is to ask your partner’s close friends or family otherwise take a look at your partner’s existing jewellery to get a rough idea.
4) Could you tell us what has been a popular product?
Plain bands have always been very popular as they are classic and timeless, although we are now seeing more gents opt for a ring with diamonds and grooves in it to add a simple touch of design. We also see two and three tone rings being selected, this is great especially if they want their ring to match all their other jewellery. Lots of ladies are also opting for diamond wedding bands instead of the plain traditional band as it also gives them more option to match their engagement ring.
Everyone has their own unique taste and style but, with our extensive collection we are sure to you are able to find your perfect ring. We also offer customisation to our rings. i.e. customising your diamond, finish and profile or alternatively completely design your entire ring from scratch.
5) What is the most popular choice of metal for rings?
We have seen a rise of people interested in rose gold as it is in trend at the moment. Platinum has always been very popular as it is 95% natural white metal and is known to be the “King of Metals”. Platinum is much stronger and heavier than gold and the colour will remain nice and white. However, with gold there is the choice of having colours like yellow or rose unlike platinum and palladium.
It is all down to budget as the biggest advantage to white gold over platinum is certainly the costs. Platinum is more expensive as it is rarer and mined much less than gold. Alternatively you could look into other metals such as Palladium; a naturally white metal which also is popular as it is a fraction of the cost of gold and platinum.
6) Do you have any tips that you can provide our readers about picking their rings?
There are many tips to look out for however, our 4 main tips are:
1. Know your budget - You and your partner should consider a budget as you also have wedding preparations underway. Your ring is one of the most meaningful pieces of jewellery that you will wear for the rest of your life, it is a symbol of your commitment and love for your loved one.
2. Do not leave it too late - Make sure you leave plenty of time to choose your rings, we recommend between 3-4 months before your big day. Sizes can change and rings may need to be adjusted.
3. Think about your style - Once you start researching into your bud
get you will naturally begin to discover what you prefer. Do you want a classic and timeless plain wedding ring, or would you prefer something with a touch of design or even diamonds? Do you want matching wedding rings? Whatever you decide upon design wise, be assured in your own mind that you are happy with it
4. Choose a reputable seller - Choosing your wedding rings is a important task; you need to be able to trust the expert in front of you. When choosing a store to help you in one of your most sentimental purchases make sure you feel comfortable with pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable staff. They should be there to answer any potential questions that have arisen within your prior research. The experience of buying your wedding rings should ultimately be enjoyable and fun.
7) How does the book an appointment work?
You are able to book an appointment with us via our website www.auruslondon.com or alternatively call us on 020 7523 9522, our London showroom is open six days a week and we can accommodate late evening bookings. Although, appointments are strongly recommended walk-ins are also welcomed. An appointment can take between 30 minutes up to 2 hours, we will discuss your requirements and explain the different styles and virtues of precious metals or diamonds you require.
8) Could you tell us a bit about price ranges please?
Our prices can range from as low as £69 which is basic 2mm 9k plain wedding band to £6,300 for a full eternity diamond ring. However, our diamond engagement rings it can start from £650 and can go up to tens of thousands depending on your choice of diamond.
You can also connect with them on facebook and twitter!